Saturday 27 April 2013

What Chance the ex-offender (2)

As some of you will recall, just before my licence expired last year, a company who can remain nameless decided that they were going to try to expose me to win a court case.

It did not work, and the company and its directors were ordered to recompense me for their unlawful conduct. And they did recompense me, and I got a new car out of it.

However, it appears that the directors, rather than pay up and get on with their lives, decided that it was their aim in life to expose the "pervert" that I am, and despite police and other interventions  they decided to write to my neighbours (and my employer) and tell them the good news. Needless to say that the directors in question have been arrested, but that didn't help me.

And as a result, I'm currently living in temporary accommodation, and will not, under any circumstances be returning to my fire damaged home in Rothwell.

Now I understand why it is that sex offenders (which I am not, and have not been since 2006) are disliked, but surely trying to burn me out, or kill me, is actually not going to help anyone. If I am forced out of a place where I am stable and not offending, the most likely result is I won't return. Not only to the house, but to the town, or even the county. And, if I change my name and move, and "forget" to register - for my own protection, of course - who benefits? The community I'm living in doesn't...

And be assured that I would be entitled to not register, as I would have a legal defence of committing a lesser offence to ensure a greater one was prevented.

Thankfully, I'm not like that - but just imagine if I was.

Oh, the Neighbour who set the fire has also been arrested, charged and remanded, so that will be a fun trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment